SEARCH THIS SITE
PETITION TO UCSF: SAVE SUTRO FOREST
PETITION : Stop NAP, save the Forest
PETITION: Sierra Club, Please Stop!
LIKE us on Facebook
- Season’s Greetings!
- Lest We Forget (2): Sutro Forest 2007
- Lest We Forget: Sutro Forest – 2004, 2005, 2006
- Furious Letter from a Forest Lover
- “Hazardous Tree Work” – Cutting Down Trees on Mount Sutro This Winter
- Barn Owl in Sutro Forest
- Monarch Butterfly at Twin Peaks – Oct 2017
- Disturbing Sutro Forest Would Release a Lot of Green House Gases
- What Will Sutro Forest Look Like After the Plan?
- Sutro Forest Plan: Heavy Machinery in Unstable Areas
- Sutro Forest 2017 Plan Imposes a Landslide Risk
- Public Comments due Sept 22, 2017 on Sutro Forest DEIR
- Year 9 of Mission Blue Butterfly on Twin Peaks: Mixed Results
- Here it Comes: UCSF announces the Draft EIR for Sutro Forest
- Butterfly Count in San Francisco – 2017
Tag Archives: ecology
One of the more interesting groups to watch, if you like birds, is the Yahoo group SF Birds. (Anyone can read it, but you must join to post in it. [ETA: It’s apparently been changed to a members-only group; only … Continue reading
An interesting study from Canada’s McGill University recently indicated the particular value of old trees. In brief: Trees that are over 100 years old tend to have more moss growing on them at the 15-30 meter (i.e 50-100 feet) level … Continue reading
Recently, several people drew our attention to Glen Canyon and the planned spraying of Garlon 4 Ultra to kill the yellow oxalis flowers there. And someone sent in the notice seen here. Apparently, residents of areas nearby have been understandably upset … Continue reading