SEARCH THIS SITE
PETITION TO UCSF: SAVE SUTRO FOREST
PETITION : Stop NAP, save the Forest
PETITION: Sierra Club, Please Stop!
LIKE us on Facebook
- Mt Sutro Forest: Nibbling at the Western Edge with Kirkham Heights Project?
- How Many Trees in Sutro Forest? And What Will be Left?
- Mt Sutro: UCSF’s Initial Study for the EIR Highlights Appalling New 2017 Plan
- Old Trees Trap More Carbon and Fight Climate Change
- Why “Thinning” Damages a Forest
- “Are Eucalyptus Trees Going to Kill Us All?” Jan 27, 2017, San Rafael, CA
- 4th Sutro Forest TAC Meeting: Nativist Coup
- Season’s Greetings, Best Wishes for 2017
- Another TAC Meeting – Jan 23, 2017
- Crucial Meeting for San Francisco Trees – Dec 15, 2016 – TOMORROW
- Urban Greening Draft – Speak for The Trees by 5 Dec 2016
- UCSF Meeting about 2016 Sutro Forest Draft Plan – Oct 27, 2016 – Report
- UCSF’s New Draft Plan for Sutro Forest – Aug 2016
- Sutro Forest – UCSF to Hold Final TAC Meeting (and some old pictures)
- “New Battle over Managing Sutro Forest Trees” – San Francisco Chronicle
Tag Archives: adolph sutro
We’d like to wish all our readers a Happy New Year in 2016 and celebrate it with this tribute to Adolf Sutro, the philanthropist who gave so much to San Francisco including the forest we all love. It was written … Continue reading
We’ve been members of AAA for decades, now, and value their adventure-inspiring magazine, Via, almost as much as their roadside service. Recently, we were particularly delighted to see a great article on one of San Francisco’s best-kept secrets – Sutro … Continue reading
Mount Sutro Cloud Forest, a century-old forest of eucalyptus, was planted by former mayor and philanthropist Adolph Sutro (1830-1898). Like the larger and better-known Muir Woods, it’s the last remnant of a forest that covered a much larger area – … Continue reading